Senior Medical Writer - Edelman UK
Business Type: Medical Communications Agency
Job Type: Medical Writing and Editorial
Job Level: Management
Location:United Kingdom, London
The Senior Medical Writer will lead 2 mid-sized editorial accounts or 1 large sized account, acting as key contact for editorial programmes and projects. They will be responsible for mentoring or line managing (as appropriate) junior medical writers/medical writers/editors.
They will be required to be well-organised, able to multitask, and priorities projects as well as identify additional resourcing requirements as appropriate. As a writer they will have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
What you will do:
- Lead mid-sized, established long term BioScience Communications client accounts from an editorial and scientific standpoint, with minimal supervision from the senior editorial team
- Act as Scientific Consultant to both the client and to the internal BioScience team
- With the senior editorial team, develop strategy and overall vision for number of editorial programmes and projects
- Identification and management of issues that could damage client relationships or affect outcome of projects and develop and implement solutions to overcome problems
- Production of scientific communication materials including journal manuscripts,slide kits, abstracts, posters, monographs, training materials, patient booklets,website content and conference/meeting materials that meet client needs/expectations.
- Consistent application of industry regulations and guidelines; being an advocate for good publications practice
- Attend and lead the editorial aspect of scientific meetings as required
- Understand scientific and marketing environments of various therapeutic areas
- Participate in new business development activities, including pitches
- Identification and driving of organic growth on existing accounts
What you need to have:
- Life sciences degree, preferably a higher degree
- Established knowledge across multiple therapy and medical education areas
- Demonstrated experience in producing a wide range of editorial materials such as journal manuscripts, slide kits, meeting materials, abstracts/posters and monographs
- Previous experience in applying industry regulations and guidelines
- Demonstrated understanding of how to manage and operate client accounts
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including solid interpersonal skills that enable positive influencing of others
- High level organisation skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Experience of managing junior Medical Writers/Editors, and reviewing their documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying new business opportunities for both new and existing clients
- Previous involvement in new business development or with an interest in being involved in the process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience of referencing software such as Endnote or Reference Manager is desirable.
Apply for this Job
© Burntsky Ltd |